By James Herriot
The 3rd quantity within the multimillion replica bestselling series
Readers loved James Herriot's stories of his existence as a Yorkshire animal health professional in All Creatures nice and Small and All issues brilliant and Beautiful. Now here's a 3rd pleasant quantity of memoirs wealthy with Herriot's personal model of humor, perception, and wisdom.
In the midst of worldwide warfare II, James is education for the Royal Air strength, whereas going domestic to Yorkshire at any time when attainable to determine his very pregnant spouse, Helen. Musing on earlier adventures in the course of the dales, vacationing with outdated neighbors, and introducing rankings of latest and a laugh character--animal and human alike--Herriot enthralls together with his uncanny skill to spin a most tasty and heartfelt yarn.
Millions of readers have thrilled within the impressive storytelling and daily miracles of James Herriot within the over thirty years due to the fact his pleasant animal tales have been first brought to the world.
Read Online or Download All Things Wise and Wonderful PDF
Best veterinary medicine books
During this finished study booklet concerns linked to chook breeding are addressed, by way of studying quantitative and molecular genetics and the makes use of of transgenic expertise. the $64000 sector of ailment resistance and transmission can be lined in a unique part taking a look at the genetics of affliction resistance.
This ebook, in 3 volumes, offers an in depth revision of the systematics and taxonomy of the platyhelminth category Trematoda , subclasses Aspidogastrea and Digenea , with keys for the id of those parasites on the superfamily, relatives, subfamily and wide-spread degrees. The trematodes are parasitic worms infecting all vertebrate teams and comprise households of value to human and animal health and wellbeing, with significant monetary effect.
A quantity within the American collage of Laboratory Animal medication sequence, this moment version has over forty% new fabric, together with the addition of six new issues and so on which are thoroughly rewritten. The e-book comprehensively covers the organic and illness features of laboratory animal medication whereas analyzing different features equivalent to the biohazards linked to using animal experimentation and elements complicating the bioethics of animal learn
Coral illness is readily changing into a predicament to the wellbeing and fitness and administration of the world’s coral reefs. there's a nice curiosity from many in conserving coral reefs. regrettably, the sector of epizootiology is disorganized and lacks a regular vocabulary, equipment, and diagnostic options, and tropical marine scientists are poorly expert in flora and fauna pathology, veterinary medication, and epidemiology.
- Practical Veterinary Forensics
- Mycoplasma Diseases of Ruminants: Disease, Diagnosis and Control
- Molecular Genetics of Mammalian Cells
- Atlas of Equine Endoscopy, 1e
- Dairy cattle feeding and nutrition
- Horses: A Guide to Selection, Care, and Enjoyment (3rd Edition)
Additional info for All Things Wise and Wonderful
1. Lilliehook I, Tvedten H: Investigation of hypereosinophilia and potential treatments. Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract. 2003 Nov; 33(6):1359-78, viii 2. org Last accessed July 1, 2010. 3. Fletch SM, Smart ME, Pennock PW, Subden RE. Clinical and pathologic features of chondrodysplasia (dwarfism) in the Alaskan Malamute. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 1973 Mar 1;162(5):357-61. 4. Subden, RE, Fletch, SM, Smart, MA, et. : Genetics of the Alaskan Malamute chondrodysplasia syndrome. Journal of Heredity. 1972:63: 149-152.
20. Mills JN ; Labuc RH ; Lawley MJ. Factor VII deficiency in an Alaskan malamute. Aust Vet J 75:320-2 1997 May 21. Peterson ME, Dodds WJ. Factor IX deficiency in an Alaskan Malamute. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 1979 Jun 15;174(12):1326-7. 22. Rishniw, M, Wilkerson, MJ, de Lahunta, A. Myelodysplasia in an Alaskan Malamute Dog With Adult Onset of Clinical Signs. Prog Vet Neurol 5:35-38 Spring’94. 23. Kirkby KA, Bright RM, Owen HD: Paraoesophageal hiatal hernia and megaoesophagus in a three-week-old Alaskan malamute.
5. Nachreiner R and Refsal K: Personal communication, Diagnostic Center for Population and Animal Health, Michigan State University. Aprial,2007 17 Akita The Breed History First written records date to the 17th century, where in the Akita Prefecture of Honshu in Northern Japan (Dewa), breeding programs were instituted to produce a sensible hunting dog. At this time, ownership of Akita dogs was restricted to the aristocracy. Their esteem was held so high that in some places they were assigned individually hired caregivers who provided special care.